Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Independence Day

Today is our Independence Day. A movie called The Unknown Soldier is always shown on TV on our Independence Day. It's about the war of the Soviet Union and Finland in the years 1941-1944. I've seen the movie a dozen times, but still it shakes me. The soldiers were about my age and as I imagined myself in their place watching my friends die beside me I couldn't stop myself from shedding a tear. All due respect to the Finnish veterans. You shed your blood for us and we are forever grateful! Thank you.

1 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Blogger Farewell said...

I thought about that when I wrote the entry. Isn't the land called Russia anyway, no matter which state is upon it?

Anyway, you're right and I fixed the entry. Thank you for your comment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home