Sunday, June 01, 2008

Girls, don't assume gentlemanship

I like being a gentleman. I'll open the doors. I'll be as considerate as humanly possible. I will gladly pay for the food and the drinks. All this I will do, accompanied by a smile and flattering words. What I don't like is when girls assume that there is no other way.

I'm serious. It really takes all the pleasure out of it if she assumes that I will behave like a gentleman. Then it's no longer about doing something special, it's a matter of course. All the magic is gone.

For example: If you're out with a guy and it's time to pay, start reaching for your wallet. If he's a gentleman, he'll stop you. Say: "Oh, but you don't need to pay for me". He will still want to pay, but then he will feel like a gentleman and not like a guy buying a whore.

Also: stop accepting drinks from strangers. Yes, you can drink for free for the whole night if you let idiots buy all your drinks, but it still sucks to do so. It's kind of like stealing money from a retard.

3 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Blogger Takaisin Kallioon said...

Hear! Hear!

And some overly emancipated (feminist) girls actually get offended and defensive about paying their own share "because I can!" Unbelieveable.

Foreigners in my experience generally don't have any issues about that. They know how to behave generally. :)

 
At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on. That's exactly how I do it, I always offer to pay for my own share and it's ok if I also end up paying it, but of course it's nice to meet a guy who is a gentleman. ;)

 
At 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"It's kind of like stealing money from a retard."

Ha ha... Well put, mister! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home